Welcome to North Side Pool Services
The Professional Pool Company
We are ready to assist all residents & businesses in the north, south, east and western suburbs of Johannesburg
We offer the widest range of Swimming Pool Accessories and Pool Services in Gauteng such as Swimming Pool Customizing, Pool Repairs, Pool Maintenance, Swimming Pool Cleaning , Pool Renovations, Restoration, Revamping & Relining, Custom rock features, Rock pools, Water features and much more!
Why choose us?
Its very simple, we not here to make millions and fill our pockets, we are here to make you happy and since swimming pools are our passion, we turn your dreams into a reality.
For the best cellphone viewing experience please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click view full site
Ever wondered what the law is on pool nets, fences and covers?
THESE ARE THE NEW SAFETY STANDARDS FOR PRIVATE SWIMMING POOLS – AND A FENCE IS NO LONGER GOOD ENOUGH!
Every private swimming pool that can hold more than 30cm of water should be surrounded not only by a kid-proof fence, but should also be fitted with a safety net or a safety cover to prevent children drowning, according to a draft update from the SA Bureau of Standards (SABS).
- The Standards Bureau is in the final stages of updating rules for private swimming pools, because kids are still drowning.
- The latest standard says that a fence around a swimming pool is not enough; every pool should also have a safety net or cover.
- That net must be child-proof, professionally installed, and must carry the weight of an adult safely.
Such a net or cover cannot be DIY installed but must be fitted by an “accredited responsible party”, according to the standard.
A cover is disqualified if it allows rainwater to pool for more than five minutes, or if a child can unfasten it. It must require keys, a combination lock or “special tools, devices, or inaccessible locations” to remove.
For larger swimming pools a net or cover must have a carrying weight of at least 220kg to “permit a rescue” operation while holding up one child and two adults. For smaller pools, less than 2.4m at its widest point, the weight requirement is 125kg, for one adult and child.
The requirements form part of SANS 10134, a SABS standard last updated in 2008.
Other changes include a requirement for self-closing gates in fences or walls around swimming pools, and a new obligation on renters or other non-owners to keep completely empty any unsafe pools.
It is the responsibility of the owner of a pool to ensure it has both a fence or wall and a net or cover, the standard holds – but any occupier of a property “shall not allow water in an unprotected swimming pool”.
Occupiers are also responsible for ensuring that some sort of pole, be it a brush or a leaf scoop, is available near any pool “to assist a distressed person in the water”, and to regularly inspect a pool enclosure for damage.
The standard requires walls or fences to be at least 1.2m tall, to be sunk into the ground at least 50cm deep, to be very hard for children to climb, and with gates difficult for children to open.
Should you require assistance with a safety net, fence or cover, Our dedicated team of experts are ready to assist you from ordering to fitting.
Are you thinking about Revamping your Swimming Pool?
Then look no further as we have an affordable solution for you! With our team of highly skilled pool technicians we assist you right from beginning to the end when building or revamping your pool. We make your dream pool become a reality weather it be a marbelite or fiberglass pool, A splash pool or Olympic sized pool, perhaps around the pool paving or decking we got the experience to make your every idea and requirement turn into something remarkable.
Why choose our Swimming Pool Company?
- Unlike most fly by night Swimming Pool Companies, we come highly recommended by the public and have been in business for over 8 years
- We give you Peace of Mind with our fun, loyal and trustworthy staff members which have been with us from day one so you never have to worry about unfamiliar faces in your yard
- We promise our clients our 4 most important business ethics at all times these are Trust, Reliability, Quality Workmanship and Honesty
- Only the best products are used as we do not take short cuts to save costs
Here is a simple solution to help you save and reduce your current cost
Ask yourself something, why do you run your swimming pool pumps for 8 hours a day? Is it because its something you read about or what you heard somewhere? Most people run a 8 hour cycle purely to ensure there swimming pool gets cleaned but what if there was a simple solution to clean your pool quicker?
We believe in old school simple methods that have been proven time and time again and save you cash as well as the headache and nightmare of an auto cleaner getting stuck every 5 minutes. Why not try the Gemini Twinsweep pool cleaner? It’s easy on your pocket, has phenomenal suction power and cleans your pool in under 1 hour from top to bottom.This helps reduce the run time on your pump saving you hundreds of rands on high electricity bills
For only R1100.00 from us you get the following:
- Gemini twinsweep auto cleaner head unit
- 8 Attachment pipes
- A weir adapter with fully functional spring air inlet
- Foot pad
- Sweep disk
- 2 year warranty
20 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Ideal for small pool up to 7 m in length including above-ground pools
- Cycle time 2 hours
- Filtration easy-clean basket
- Brushing – Active brush spins at 2x the speed of the robot, resulting in enhanced all-surface cleaning
- Power supply – Industry-leading energy efficiency
- Cable length 15 m
- Weight 6.5 Kg
- Warranty 24 months limited
Did you know?
A really good well-kept entertainment area with a pool, decking and patio that is covered or has a retractable awning makes it easier to sell the property. Some agents believe that it can add as much as R100 000 in perceivable value to a property.
So when you think “Swimming Pool Repairs, Pool Maintenance and Swimming Pool Cleaning”
Always Remember North Side Pool Services!
The pool company near you!